On behalf of the Meridian team, we want to wish you and your family a safe and happy holiday season. We also want to thank you for an incredible year.
2020 began with great uncertainty. It ends with greater optimism.
All at once, COVID-19 disrupted many ongoing trials while also thrusting clinical research and vaccine development into the public spotlight. During an adverse time, Meridian was fortunate to work with companies that rose to confront unprecedented challenges.
Long hours, late nights, and lost sleep made progress possible. Meridian’s sites, investigators, and staff put forward a superhuman effort, as have most people involved in clinical research, development, manufacturing, and healthcare delivery.
It’s an honor to work with you. And our work continues.
We look forward to supporting your research programs to shape a healthier world.
Nicole Osborn, Laura Falcone, and Everyone at Meridian Clinical Research
Confronting COVID-19: Highlights From 2020
- Meridian won the 2020 Vaccine Industry Excellence (ViE) awards for Best Clinical Trial Site and Best Clinical Trial Network (the latter as part of Platinum Research Network). Thank you for voting! (Link)
- Brandon Essink, MD, CPI, Meridian Principal Investigator and Medical Director, served as a Co-Principal Investigator for Moderna’s Phase 3 COVID-19 vaccine clinical trial. (Link)
- Keith Vrbicky, MD, Meridian Principal Investigator in Norfolk, NE, enrolled the first patient into a Phase 2 COVID-19 vaccine trial in the U.S. (Link)
- Paul Bradley, MD, Meridian Principal Investigator in Savannah, GA, enrolled the first patient into a Phase 3 COVID-19 vaccine trial in the U.S. (Link)
- Leaders of the Operation Warp Speed (OWS) program visited Meridian’s internal medicine site in Savannah, GA. Visitors included Dr. Moncef Slaoui, chief scientific advisor, and General Gustave F. Perna, chief operating officer, of OWS. (Link)
- Officials from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) held a roundtable with Meridian leaders to discuss the patient recruitment efforts and the research Meridian conducted for COVID-19 vaccine clinical trials nationwide. (Link)