Many people with difficult to control and severe asthma find some relief through daily oral corticosteroids (OCS). However, long-term OCS use can lead to adverse effects like glucose intolerance, osteoporosis, and excessive and abnormal fat deposition.
Meridian is now enrolling adults with asthma for a study of an investigational medication intended to reduce the need for oral corticosteroids.
- Must be ages 18 to 80
- Must have been diagnosed with asthma and have been prescribed a medium or high dose of inhaled corticosteroids (ICS) for at least 1 year
- Must have been prescribed a long-acting beta-antagonist (LABA) (either in an ICS/LABA combination inhaler or a separate inhaler) for at least 3 months
- Must have been prescribed an OCS for at least 6 months
- May receive compensation for study-related time
- Do not need insurance to join this study
For more information, complete the form on this page. After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will call you to talk about the study. There is no obligation to join — you can decide if the study is right for you.
You can also talk to a Meridian enrollment specialist about this study by calling (712) 639-6200.
Submit your information
Meridian Clinical Research
4600 Valley Rd.
Lincoln, NE 68510
Founded in 1999 in Omaha, NE, Meridian studies the safety and effectiveness of new medicines, devices, and treatments. Its mission is to enrich lives by providing quality, compassionate care to patients and unparalleled clinical research services. Clinical studies help scientists develop life-changing medicines, but it starts with you — participation makes it all possible. For more than 20 years, thousands of patients have trusted Meridian because of our focus on creating a positive patient experience.