In 1999, I started Meridian with a credit card advance and my fingers crossed. After 20 years, our team is still what makes Meridian the best investigative site network in clinical research.
I'm incredibly proud of what we've accomplished, but I'm even prouder of the uncommonly good people — people like you — who have made it possible. We see the Annual Physician Meeting as both a reward and an essential tool for building a tightly-knit team.
Our 2018 meeting was the largest yet, and our 2019 meeting will be bigger... and even more interesting.
- In the spirit of thorough investigation, we'll welcome Eric Maddox, who collected intelligence that directly led to the capture of Saddam Hussein. Maddox continues to help corporations, organizations, universities, CEOs, and audiences worldwide in the art of questioning, negotiations, and information gathering.
- Prominent speakers from leading pharmaceutical and clinical research companies will speak on current issues.
- We'll celebrate our 20th anniversary with special events during our meeting in Cancun.
I invite you to join us for our most exciting Physician Meeting yet. We have a lot to celebrate!
CEO, Meridian Clinical Research
Secrets Maroma Beach, Riviera Cancun
Hidden away on one of the most pristine and famous beaches in all of Mexico, this AAA Five Diamond Resort is the quintessential setting for adventure and relaxation. Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun was awarded a 2018 Travelers’ Choice Award for being in the top 25 All-Inclusive Resorts Worldwide.
Although it is strongly recommended you stay on the resort property throughout the event, you may book additional activities through the resort at your own expense. You can view available excursions here and find on-site spa treatments here. Please note: This is an Adult-Only resort, age 18 and older.
Passports are required and must be valid for up to six months at time of arrival to Cancun. At the time of check-in, you will need to provide an individual credit card for incidentals.
Tentative Event Schedule
Wednesday, July 10
- Guests arrive Cancun (CUN)
- 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.: Welcome cocktail reception with drinks and heavy hors d’eouvres, Maroma 3
Thursday, July 11
- 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Conference meetings
- 6:15 p.m.: Meridian 20th Anniversary group photo on the beach with all attendees, guests, speakers. Black and white theme; please wear black, white, or black and white. This is not formal, as it immediately precedes the poolside anniversary dinner.
- 7:30 p.m.: Meridian’s 20th Anniversary Dinner, Oceana Terrace
Friday, July 12
- 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Conference meetings
- TBD: Meridian’s “Meeting in the Pool” (casual pool time + drinks for anyone who’d like to join)
Saturday, July 13
- 8 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.: Conference breakout sessions
- 6 to 7 p.m.: Closing cocktail reception with drinks and heavy hors d’eovres, Maroma 3
Sunday, July 14
- Depart for home
Round Trip Airport/Resort Transportation
Meridian will coordinate round-trip airport/resort transportation, and will prepay for this service, including gratuity.
After clearing immigration and customs at the Cancun (CUN) arrival terminal, walk outside and look for Jaguar Travel Solutions staff (khaki shorts/slacks and bright yellow polo shirt) as shown below.
The transportation staff will:
- Hold signs with Meridian’s logo
- Greet you and assist with luggage
- Verify they have everyone for that round of transportation
- Transfer you to Secrets Maroma (40 minute drive)
For your departure, please meet transportation staff in the Secrets Maroma motor lobby at least three hours before your plane’s scheduled time.
Resort Restaurants and Required Attire
This trip will be low-key and we recommend a casual, understated appearance, leaving any valuables (e.g., jewelry, designer bags) at home.
Secrets Maroma Beach boasts eight bars and seven restaurants all with outdoor seating available and no reservations required. Varied dress codes by restaurant are required as follows.
- Casual: Bermudas (long shorts or capri pants), sneakers/tennis shoes and sandals. Ladies must wear a bathing suit wrap or cover-up. No sleeveless shirts for men.
- Casual Elegance: Sneakers/tennis shoes or sandals and dress shirts with sleeves. Long pants are required for men. No sleeveless shirts or flip-flops.
- Formal: For men: long pants, and collar shirts and dress shoes required. For women: blouses, skirts, slacks or dresses and dress shoes.
More information about the resort's restaurants can be found here.