Varicella (chickenpox) is a highly contagious infectious disease caused by the varicella-zoster virus, characterized by a blister-like rash, itching, tiredness and fever. Chickenpox was once very common in the US. The rate of infection has been declining since the routing varicella vaccination program begin in 1995.
Meridian is now seeking participants for an investigational varicella vaccine study.
- Must be age 12-15 months (parent of guardian required)
- Must have received the primary series of pneumococcal conjugate vaccine in their first year of life with the last dose at least 60 days ago
- Must NOT have had a varicella infection
- Will receive an investigational vaccine or an FDA-approved varicella vaccine
- Will be co-administered with an FDA-approved measles, mumps, and rubella vaccine (M-M-R II), hepatitis A vaccine, and 13-valent pneumococcal conjugate vaccine
- Will receive compensation for study-related time
- Do not need insurance to join this study
For more information, complete the form on this page. After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will call you to talk about the study. There is no obligation to join — you can decide if the study is right for your child.
You can talk to a Meridian enrollment specialist about this study by calling (402) 934-7563 (Omaha and Lincoln), (712) 639-6200 (Hastings) or (912) 623-2240 (NY and DC).
Submit your information
- Hastings: Meridian Clinical Research, 2115 N. Kansas Ave., Suite 104, Hastings, NE 68901
- Lincoln: Meridian Clinical Research, 4600 Valley Rd., Lincoln, NE 68510
- Omaha: Meridian Clinical Research, 3319 N 107th St, Omaha, NE 68134
- Binghamton: Meridian Clinical Research, 1290 Upper Front Street, Binghamton, NY 13901
- Washington, DC: Meridian Clinical Research, 4850 Massachusetts Ave NW, 2nd Floor, Washington, DC 20016
Founded in 1999 in Omaha, NE, Meridian studies the safety and effectiveness of new medicines, devices, and treatments. Its mission is to enrich lives by providing quality, compassionate care to patients and unparalleled clinical research services. Clinical studies help scientists develop life-changing medicines, but it starts with you — participation makes it all possible. For more than 20 years, thousands of patients have trusted Meridian because of our focus on creating a positive patient experience.