Cytomegalovirus (CMV) is a common virus for people of all ages. Though the majority of children and adults don’t experience symptoms, CMV infection before or during birth in newborns (congenital CMV infection) can result in significant lifelong disability. CMV is the most common infectious cause of birth defects in the U.S.
About 1 out of 200 babies is born with congenital CMV infection, and 1 out of 5 babies with congenital CMV infection will have symptoms or long-term health problems, such as hearing loss. Researchers are now studying an investigational CMV vaccine.
- Must be women of child-bearing potential, age 16 to 40
- May receive compensation for study-related time and travel
- Do not need insurance to join this study
For more information, complete the form on this page. After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will call you to talk about the study. There is no obligation to join — you can decide if the study is right for you.
You can also talk to a Meridian enrollment specialist about this study by calling one of our call centers:
- (912) 623-2240 (Rockville and Binghamton)
- (402) 934-7563 (Cincinnati and Omaha)
- (712) 639-6200 (Hastings, Grand Island, and Norfolk)
Submit your information
- Rockville: Meridian Clinical Research, 1201 Seven Locks Rd. Ste 101, Rockville, MD 20854
- Omaha: Meridian Clinical Research, 3319 N 107th St, Omaha, NE 68134
- Norfolk: Meridian Clinical Research, 1410 N 13th St, Suite 5, Norfolk, NE 68701
- Grand Island: Meridian Clinical Research, 3537 West 13th St., Ste. 100, Grand Island, NE 68803
- Hastings: Meridian Clinical Research, 2115 N. Kansas Ave., Suite 104, Hastings, NE 68901
- Binghamton: Meridian Clinical Research, 1290 Upper Front St., Binghamton, NY 13901
- Cincinnati - Mt. Auburn: Meridian Clinical Research, 2230 Auburn Avenue, Level B, Cincinnati, OH 45219
Founded in 1999 in Omaha, NE, Meridian studies the safety and effectiveness of new medicines, devices, and treatments. Its mission is to enrich lives by providing quality, compassionate care to patients and unparalleled clinical research services. Clinical studies help scientists develop life-changing medicines, but it starts with you — participation makes it all possible. For more than 20 years, thousands of patients have trusted Meridian because of our focus on creating a positive patient experience.