If you have tested positive for COVID-19, you might be feeling a bit of fear along with the regular symptoms, especially if you’re at increased risk for developing complications that may result in hospitalization. Although there are some treatments for the symptoms of COVID-19, few antiviral drugs are available to help treat COVID-19 in patients with mild to moderate infections.
Meridian is conducting a study for an investigational drug intended to help treat COVID-19. In this placebo-controlled study, participants may receive a non-active placebo to see how it compares to the investigational drug.
- Must be 18 or older
- Must have confirmed SARS-CoV-2 infection within the past 72 hours
- Must NOT have received a COVID-19 vaccine
- Must be experiencing at least ONE symptom of COVID-19, e.g., cough; fever; shortness of breath; diarrhea; headache; sore throat; chills; loss of smell/taste
- Be generally healthy and age 18 to 59 OR;
- Have at least ONE of the following characteristics and/or conditions: Age >60; BMI >25; a smoker; have an immune suppressive disease; diabetes; kidney disease; cardiovascular disease; hypertension; chronic lung disease; Sickle Cell disease; and/or cancer
- Will receive compensation for study-related time
- Do not need insurance to join this study
For more information, complete the form on this page. After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will call you to talk about the study. There is no obligation to join — you can decide if the study is right for you.
You can also talk to a Meridian enrollment specialist about this study by calling (912) 623-2240 (NY) or (712) 639-6200 (NE).
Submit your information
Founded in 1999 in Omaha, NE, Meridian studies the safety and effectiveness of new medicines, devices, and treatments. Its mission is to enrich lives by providing quality, compassionate care to patients and unparalleled clinical research services. Clinical studies help scientists develop life-changing medicines, but it starts with you — participation makes it all possible. For more than 20 years, thousands of patients have trusted Meridian because of our focus on creating a positive patient experience.