SAVANNAH, GA. (PRWEB) SEPTEMBER 19, 2018 — Seven physicians and one physician assistant that serve as principal investigators for Meridian Clinical Research have won a ‘Best of Savannah Doctors 2018’ award. The award winners were determined by reader votes and are featured in the September/October issue of Savannah Magazine. Meridian principal investigators and award winners include:
- Buffi G. Boyd, MD, of Urological Associates of Savannah, PC for Best Urologist
- Jack R. Eades, MD, of Southern Allergy & Asthma for Best Allergist
- John D. Carson, MD, of ExperCare for Best in Occupational Medicine
- Katherine Moretz, MD, of Savannah Neurology Specialists for Best Pediatric Specialist
- Paul S. Bradley, MD, of BCG Medical Group for Best in Internal Medicine
- Robert A. Mazur, MD, of ExperCare for Best Emergency Doctor
- Corinne Howington, MD, of Low Country Dermatology for Best Dermatologist Runner-Up
- Elizabeth Brennan, PA, of Low Country Dermatology for Best Physician Assistant Runner-Up
- Catherine C. Grant, MSPAS, PA-C, DFAAPA, Founder and CEO ExperCare, voted Best Urgent/Immediate Care Clinic
At least one physician and principal investigator from each of Meridian’s six clinical research sites in Georgia won an award. “We congratulate these investigators and their teams for the high regard they’ve earned in their community,” said Nicole Osborn, CEO of Meridian. “They are leaders in their specialties and have built remarkably strong relationships with their patients.”
Meridian partners with these practices to conduct clinical trials and help develop new medicines, treatments, and cures. “We’re proud to work with these doctors and practices,” said Osborn. “Our investigators move science forward by delivering more care options to people in Savannah, and pave the way for new treatments for future generations.”
Each award-winning site is now conducting clinical trials and accepting participants. People who join clinical studies often get study-related medical exams and treatments at no cost. Compensation may also be available for those who qualify. To learn more about current study opportunities in Savannah, visit http://www.mcrmed.com or call (912) 623-2240.
(Access the Press Release at http://story.cd/AAJ_kf)
About Meridian Clinical Research
Meridian Clinical Research partners with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to research new pharmaceutical drugs, medical devices, and diagnostics that could improve human health and wellbeing. Founded in 1999, Meridian is headquartered at a dedicated research center in Omaha, NE, and conducts Phase 1-4 studies at 18 investigative sites across North America. Meridian supports research across numerous therapeutic areas and specializes in high-volume vaccine trials. For more information, visit http://www.mcrmed.com.