About This Research Study
Gout is a common form of inflammatory arthritis that can be very painful. Symptoms can fluctuate in intensity from flares to relatively no symptoms (remission). Hyperuricemia, or an elevated level of uric acid in the blood, may exist for many years before the first clinical attack of gout. Sustained hyperuricemia is the precursor of gout.
Meridian is seeking participants with hyperuricemia and gout for a Phase 3 clinical trial for an investigational medication for the condition.
- Must be age 18 to 85
- Must have hyperuricemia and a history or presence of gout
- Will receive an investigational medication or placebo at no cost
- Must NOT experience an acute gout attack within 2 weeks of screening for the study
- Must NOT have secondary hyperuricemia
- Must NOT have received pegloticase
- Will receive compensation for study-related time
- Do not need insurance to join this study
For more information, complete the form on this page. After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will call you to talk about the study. There is no obligation to participate — you can decide if the study is right for you.
You can talk to a Meridian enrollment specialist about this study by calling (912) 623-2240.
Submit your information
Founded in 1999 in Omaha, NE, Meridian studies the safety and effectiveness of new medicines, devices, and treatments. Its mission is to enrich lives by providing quality, compassionate care to patients and unparalleled clinical research services. Clinical studies help scientists develop life-changing medicines, but it starts with you — participation makes it all possible. For more than 20 years, thousands of patients have trusted Meridian because of our focus on creating a positive patient experience.