Baton Rouge, LA (Dermatology)
Meridian's Baton Rouge, LA (Dermatology), location performs clinical studies related to skin conditions such as acne, atopic dermatitis, and rosacea.
Since 1947, The Dermatology Clinic has provided the Greater Baton Rouge area with personalized care and a comprehensive array of dermatological of services. The Dermatology Clinic offers a wide range of treatment options to address many types of skin (dermal) issues. Offering general, surgical, pediatric, and cosmetic dermatology in house, experienced professionals work carefully to conduct clinical research.
Examples of conditions that may be studies at this site include, but are not limited to the following:
- Actinic Keratoses
- Dysplastic Nevus
- Hair loss
- Keratosis Pilaris
- Nail fungus
- Skin cancer
- Tinea versicolor
Meet the Physicians
Amie Breaux Shannon, MD
- Joined The Dermatology Clinic in 2005.
- Graduated second in her class at Louisiana State University (LSU) School of Medicine.
- Performed a dermatology residency at the Medical University of South Carolina located in Charleston, S.C.
- Served as assistant clinical professor of dermatology for three years at the Medical University of South Carolina.
- Diplomat of the American Board of Dermatology.
Nicole Mathis Harrell, MD
- Joined The Dermatology Clinic in 2012.
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology.
- Received her Bachelor of Science degree from Louisiana State University in biology, where she graduated Summa Cum Laude.
- Attended medical school at LSU in New Orleans.
- Completed an intern year at Earl K. Long Medical Center in Baton Rouge before completing her dermatology residency at LSU in 2012.
Jordan Whatley, MD
- Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology since 2011.
- Attended college at LSU, graduating as Summa Cum Laude in Biological Engineering.
- Attended medical school at LSU, where he achieved Junior AOA and pharmacology honors.
- Completed an internship in internal medicine at Earl K. Long Medical Center in Baton Rouge and a dermatology residency at LSU. Served as chief resident his last year in dermatology residency.
- Assistant clinical professor — LSU Department of Dermatology; diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology.