Baton Rouge, LA (Dermatology)
Meridian's Baton Rouge, LA (Dermatology), location performs clinical studies related to skin conditions such as acne, atopic dermatitis, and rosacea.
Since 1947, The Dermatology Clinic has provided the Greater Baton Rouge area with personalized care and a comprehensive array of dermatological of services. The Dermatology Clinic offers a wide range of treatment options to address many types of skin (dermal) issues. Offering general, surgical, pediatric, and cosmetic dermatology in house, experienced professionals work carefully to conduct clinical research.
Examples of conditions that may be studies at this site include, but are not limited to the following:
- Actinic Keratoses
- Dysplastic Nevus
- Hair loss
- Keratosis Pilaris
- Nail fungus
- Skin cancer
- Tinea versicolor
Meet the Physicians
Tom J. Meek, Jr., MD
- In practice for more than 40 years.
- Has served on the Skin & Soft Tissue Multidisciplinary Care Team (MDC) at Mary Bird Perkins – Our Lady of the Lake Cancer Center.
- Graduated from Tulane University School Of Medicine in 1967.
- Performed a residency at the Tulane Medical Center in New Orleans, LA.
Amie Breaux Shannon, MD
- Graduated second in her class at Louisiana State University School of Medicine.
- Performed a dermatology residency at the Medical University of South Carolina located in Charleston, S.C.
- Served as assistant clinical professor of dermatology for three years at the Medical University of South Carolina.