Norfolk, VA (Neurology)
Meridian's Norfolk, VA (Neurology), location performs clinical studies related to disorders of the nervous system. Typical studies at this site explore medicines developed to treat migraines, Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis, seizures, epilepsy, and other conditions.
Meet the Physicians
Carmen Fuentes, MD
- Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
- Graduated from the Medical School Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara in Jalisco, Mexico.
- Completed her transitional studies at Ponce School of Medicine and St. Luke's Hospital in Ponce, Puerto Rico and a neurology residency at Louisiana State University.
- Completed a movement disorders fellowship at Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans.
- Movement disorders specialist and excels in the treatment of patients with Parkinson's Disease, essential tremor, dystonia, and other types of movement disorders.
- Also treats patients with other neurological problems and speaks Spanish.
Ingrid Loma-Miller, MD
- Graduated from Reed College in Portland, Oregon and the Medical School Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara in Jalisco, Mexico.
- Completed an internship and residency in pediatrics at Maria Fareri Children's Hospital.
- Completed fellowships and post doctoral training in child neurology at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh and in multiple sclerosis at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
- Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology with Special Competence in Child Neurology.
- Specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with multiple sclerosis.
Armistead Williams, MD
- Certified by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and the American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine.
- Graduated from Princeton University and the University of Virginia Medical School.
- Performed a two-year internal medicine residency at the Medical College of Virginia and his neurology residency at the University of Virginia.
- Areas of interest includes stroke, dementia, and general neurology.
- Member of the Sentara Medical Affairs Committee and is Stroke Director at Bon Secours DePaul Hospital.