Norfolk, VA (Neurology)
Meridian's Norfolk, VA (Neurology), location performs clinical studies related to disorders of the nervous system. This site explores medicines being studied for their affect on multiple sclerosis, migraines, Alzheimer's disease, seizures, epilepsy, and other neurological conditions.
For more information about joining a study in Norfolk, complete the form at the bottom of this page. Joining a study is an important decision — we’re here to help you before, during, and after studies.
Meet the Physicians
Carmen Fuentes, MD
Dr. Fuentes is a movement disorders specialist and excels in the treatment of patients with Parkinson's Disease, essential tremor, dystonia, and other types of movement disorders. She treats patients with other neurological problems and speaks Spanish.
- Board certified in psychiatry and neurology.
- Received her medical degree from Ponce School of Medicine in Ponce, Puerto Rico.
- Completed a neuroloygresidency at Louisiana State University in New Orlenas, LA.
- Completed a movement disorders fellowship at Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans, LA.
Ingrid Loma-Miller, MD
Dr. Loma-Miller specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of patients with multiple sclerosis.
- Board certified in psychiatry and neurology with special competence in child neurology.
- Received her medical degree from la Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara in Jalisco, Mexico.
- Completed a residency in pediatrics at Maria Fareri Children's Hospital in Valhalla, NY.
- Completed a child neurology fellowship and post doctoral training at Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh and a multiple sclerosis residency at the University of Pittsburgh Medical Center.
Armistead Williams, MD
Dr. Williams is the Stroke Director at Bon Secours DePaul Hospital. His areas of interest are stroke, dementia, and general neurology.
- Board certified in psychiatry and neurology as well as electrodiagnostic medicine.
- Received his medical degree from the University of Virginia Medical School in Charlottesville, VA.
- Completed an internal medicine residency at the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond, Va and and a neurology residency at the University of Virginia.