Neurology Clinical Research Site
Meridian's Norfolk, VA (Neurology), location partners with Neurology Specialists to conduct clinical trials related to disorders of the nervous system.
About this research site
Meridian partners with Neurology Specialists to perform clinical trials in Norfolk, VA. This site explores medicines being studied for their affect on conditions such as:
- Alzheimer's disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- And other neurological conditions
Join a clinical trial in Norfolk
For more information about joining a clinical trial in Norfolk, complete the form at the bottom of this page. After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will call you to talk about the study. There is no obligation to join — you decide if the study is right for you.
Participating in a study is an important decision — we’re here to help you before, during, and after studies.
Phone: (912) 623-2240 (call center)
Phone: (757) 226-0655 (clinic)
Meridian Clinical Research
6161 Kempsville Circle, Suite 315
Norfolk, VA 23502
Clinical Research Partner Website
Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Upcoming research studies in Norfolk
Sign up below to speak with an enrollment specialist about available studies or follow Meridian on Facebook for study updates and more.
Meridian Clinical Research - Norfolk, VA is located inside the Neurology Specialists clinic.
Meet the Physicians
Every clinical trial is overseen by a Principal Investigator – a physician who is responsible for the rights, safety and welfare of the study participants. Research studies at our Norfolk neurology research site are conducted in partnership with the following physicians at Neurology Specialists.
Carmen Fuentes, MD
Dr. Fuentes is a movement disorders specialist and excels in the treatment of patients with Parkinson's Disease, essential tremor, dystonia, and other types of movement disorders. She treats patients with other neurological problems and speaks Spanish.
- Board certified in psychiatry and neurology.
- Received her medical degree from Ponce School of Medicine in Ponce, Puerto Rico.
- Completed a neurology residency at Louisiana State University in New Orleans.
- Completed a movement disorders fellowship at Ochsner Medical Center in New Orleans.
Armistead Williams, MD
Dr. Williams is the Stroke Director at Bon Secours DePaul Hospital. His areas of interest are stroke, dementia, and general neurology.
- Board certified in psychiatry and neurology as well as electrodiagnostic medicine.
- Received his medical degree from the University of Virginia Medical School in Charlottesville, VA.
- Completed an internal medicine residency at the Medical College of Virginia in Richmond, Va and and a neurology residency at the University of Virginia.
Anne Redding, MD
Dr. Redding is the Medical Director of Bon Secours DePaul and Maryview Sleep Centers. She specializes in neurology and sleep medicine.
- Board certified in psychiatry, neurology, electrodiagnostic medicine, and sleep medicine.
- Received her medical degree from Georgetown University Medical School in Washington, DC.
- Completed a neurology residency at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN.
Firas Beitinjaneh, MD
Dr. Beitinjaneh is a member of the Professional Advisory Board of Directors of the Epilepsy Foundation of Virginia. He excels in the treatment of patients with epilepsy and migraines.
- Board certified in neurology and clinical neurophysiology.
- Received his medical degree from the University of Damascus in Damascus, Syria.
- Completed a neurology residency at the State University of New York at Stony Brook in Stony Brook, NY.
- Completed a neurology fellowship at the State University of New York at Stony Brook, and a fellowship in epilepsy at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA.
Lina Wang, MD
Dr. Wang specializes in neurology and sleep medicine with special interest in sleep disorders, EEG, EMG, neuromuscular disease, epilepsy, and headaches.
- Board certified in psychiatry, neurology, and sleep medicine.
- Received her medical degree from Hebei Medical University in Shijiazhuang, China and a master's degree in ophthalmology.
- Completed an ophthalmology residency at Hebei Medical University.
- Completed an ophthalmology residency at Hebei Medical University and a neurology residency at Ohio State University in Columbus, OH.
- Completed her fellowship in neurophysiology at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN.
Maria Holland, MD
Dr. Holland is a neurologist at Neurology Specialists. Her interest is in neuromuscular disorders.
- Board certified in psychiatry and neurology.
- Received her medical degree from Eastern Virginia Medical School In Norfolk, VA.
- Completed an internal medicine and neurology residency at Eastern Virginia Medical School.
Robert Lanoue, MD
Dr. Lanoue is affiliated with the Eastern Virginia Medical School Hearing and Balance Center. He is experienced in the use of Botox in movement disorders with special interest in dizziness and balance disorders.
- Board certified in psychiatry, neurology, and electrodiagnostic medicine.
- Received his medical degree from Eastern Virginia Medical School in Norfolk, VA.
- Completed an internal medicine residency at Eastern Virginia Medical School and a neurology residency at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN.