Meridian's Omaha, NE, location serves as the company's international headquarters and largest independent research facility. Under the leadership of medical director and principal investigator Brandon J. Essink, MD, Meridian's Omaha site conducts research for a broad range of investigational treatments. Studies at this site explore vaccines and medicines developed to treat migraines, acne, depression, high cholesterol, and other conditions.
For more information about joining a study in Omaha, complete the form at the bottom of this page. Joining a study is an important decision — we’re here to help you before, during, and after studies.
Meet Your Physicians
Brandon J. Essink, MD, CPI
Dr. Brandon Essink has served as a principal investigator at Meridian since 2003. In his role, Dr. Essink directs clinical practice operations at Meridian’s dedicated research center in Omaha, NE. He is frequently selected to lead pioneering vaccine research programs because of his extensive experience in the field and the superb track record sites have maintained under his guidance.
- Board certified in Family Practice.
- Received his medical degree from University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, NE.
- Completed his residency in family practice at University of Nebrasks Medical Center.
- Completed a family practice fellowship at University of Nebraska Medical Center.
Fritz Raiser, DO
Dr. Fritz Raiser specializes in Emergency Medicine. He is affiliated with CHI Health Lakeside and Methodist Hospital.
- Board certified in Emergency Medicine.
- Received his medical degree from Michigan State University College of Human Medicine in East Lansing, MI.
- Completed his residency at Doctor’s Hospital North.