Portsmouth, VA (Family Practice)
Meridian’s Portsmouth, VA location conducts research for a broad range of investigational treatments. Meridian partners with Churchland Family Medicine to offer vaccine studies for people of all ages as well as clinical studies for medicines developed to treat conditions such as acne, diabetes, high cholesterol, and more.
About this research site
Churchland Family Medicine, P.C. has provided medical care to all ages since 1987. Frederick C. Crum, MD and Banu Myneni, DO serve as principal investigators to conduct clinical trials related to general medicine and infectious diseases, including vaccine studies for people of all ages.
Trials for healthy adults and more
This location performs clinical studies for healthy adults and children, as well as clinical trials related to conditions such as:
- Anxiety conditions
- Chronic diseases
- Chronic pain
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Infectious diseases
- Migraine headache
- Smoking cessation
- Urinary incontinence
- Viral infections
For more information about joining a clinical trial in Portsmouth, complete the form at the bottom of this page. After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will call you to talk about the study. There is no obligation to join — you decide if the study is right for you.
Participating in a study is an important decision — we’re here to help you before, during, and after studies.
Meet Your Physicians
Frederick C. Crum, MD
Dr. Crum is a board certified family physician who has a special interest in geriatric medicine. He works closely with patients and their families and caregivers to provide advice to help them navigate the medical challenges that come with aging.
- Board certified family physician with a special interest in geriatric medicine.
- Began his practice in Portsmouth in 1987 upon the completion of his residency; founded Family Medicine, P.C.
- Member of the American Academy of Family Physicians, Virginia Academy of Family Practice, Medical Society of Virginia, and the American Medical Association.
- Associate Community Faculty with Eastern Virginia Medical School and provides hand-on training to their medical students.
- Attended medical school at the University of South Florida in Tampa.
- Enjoys boating, racquetball, gardening, and visiting his grandchildren.
Banu Myneni, DO
Dr. Myneni earned his degree from West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine in Lewisburg, WV, and has been a family physician for more than 7 years.