Family Practice Research Site
Meridian’s Portsmouth, VA location conducts research for a broad range of investigational treatments. Meridian partners with Churchland Family Medicine to offer vaccine studies for people of all ages as well as clinical studies for medicines developed to treat conditions such as acne, diabetes, high cholesterol, and more.
Featured Clinical Trials in Portsmouth
About this research site
Churchland Family Medicine, P.C. has provided medical care to all ages since 1987. Banu Myneni, DO serves as principal investigators to conduct clinical trials related to general medicine and infectious diseases, including vaccine studies for people of all ages.
Trials for healthy adults and more
This location performs clinical studies for healthy adults and children, as well as clinical trials related to conditions such as:
- Anxiety conditions
- Chronic diseases
- Chronic pain
- High blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Infectious diseases
- Migraine headache
- Smoking cessation
- Urinary incontinence
- Viral infections
Join a clinical trial in Portsmouth
For more information about joining a clinical trial in Portsmouth, complete the form at the bottom of this page. After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will call you to talk about the study. There is no obligation to join — you decide if the study is right for you.
Participating in a study is an important decision — we’re here to help you before, during, and after studies.
Phone: (912) 623-2240 (call center)
Phone: (757) 996-4200 (clinic)
Meridian Clinical Research
3235 Academy Avenue, Suite 300
Portsmouth, VA 23703
Clinical Research Partner Website
Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Meet Your Physician
Every clinical trial is overseen by a Principal Investigator – a physician who is responsible for the rights, safety and welfare of the study participants. Research studies at our Portsmouth research site are conducted in partnership with Dr. Myneni at Churchland Family Medicine, P.C.
Banu Myneni, DO
Dr. Myneni is a board certified physician specializing in family medicine/osteopathic manipulation therapy.
- Attended medical school at West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine in Lewisburg, WV
- Studied Biology/Chemistry at Virginia Commonwealth University
- Completed residency training and served as chief resident at East Liverpool City Hospital outside of Pittsburgh, PA
- Worked part-time as a physician at Change, Inc., a rural, non-profit medical clinic in West Virginia, and as an urgent care physician with MedExpress
- Has been a family physician for more than 7 years. Prior to joining Churchland Family Medicine, he served in a multi-disciplinary role at Rush University in Oak Park, IL outside of Chicago. He participated in clinical medicine, medical student education, and in-hospital patient care. He also served in a physician advisory role for the hospital’s Infectious Disease Committee and provided a lecture series for Oak Park Senior and Disabled Services. In the months leading up to his departure from the Chicago area, he served as a frontline physician in the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Currently serves as an assistant professor for the EVMS Department of Family and Community Medicine.
- Dr. Myneni is a Hampton Roads native who grew up across the water in Yorktown, VA.
- In his free time, he is an avid cyclist and runner with a love for cooking and espresso brewing.