Rockville, MD (Neurology)
Meridian's Rockville, MD (Neurology), location performs clinical studies related to disorders of the nervous system. Typical studies at this site explore medicines developed to treat migraines, Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis, seizures, epilepsy, and other conditions.
Meridian partners with The Neurology Center, which is the premier provider of neurological services in the Washington DC metro area. The Neurology Center provides convenient, state of the art services to patients, referring physicians, and the community.
This single specialty practice was started by Marvin Korengold, MD and Howard Silby, MD in 1969 in downtown Washington, DC. Additional offices were established in suburban Maryland and elsewhere in the District as the practice grew and added physicians. The group has long maintained a reputation for excellence. Its physicians are well represented in the listing of Top Doctors in "Washingtonian Magazine". and are recognized as well by their inclusion in other local and national peer-selected listings of excellent doctors.
For more information about joining a study in Rockville, complete the form at the bottom of this page. Joining a study is an important decision — we’re here to help you before, during, and after studies.
Meet Your Physicians
Stephanie Chen Block, MD
Dr. Chen Block joined the Neurology Center Group in 2016. She specializes in neurology and clinical neurophysiology.
- Board Certified in Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology.
Graduated cum laude from Princeton University in Princeton, NJ with a Bachelor of Science degree.
- Graduated from University of Virginia School of Medicine in Charlottesville, VA with a Doctor of Medicine degree.
- Completed an internal medicine internship at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN.
- Completed a neurology residency Vanderbilt University.
- Completed a neurophysciology fellowship at Vanderbilt University.
- Member of the American Academy of Neurology, the American Medical Association, and the Montgomery County Medical Society.
David Taragin, MD
Dr. Taragin joined the Neurology Center Group in 1999. He specializes in neurology and clinical neurophysiology. He has been recognized as one of the region's top neurologists by Washingtonian Magazine. Dr. Taragin is fluent in Hebrew.
- Board certified in Neurology and Clinical Neurophysiology.
- Graduated from Yeshiva University in New York, NY with a Bachelor of Art degree.
- Graduated from the University of Maryland School of Medicine with a Doctor of Medicine degree.
- Completed a neurology residency at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
- Completed a neuromuscular disease fellowship at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
- Completed a neuro-oncology fellowship at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- Member of the American Academy of Neurology, American Medical Association, and Montgomery County Medical Society.