Rockville, Maryland (Neurology)
Meridian's Rockville, MD (Neurology), location performs clinical studies related to disorders of the nervous system. Typical studies at this site explore medicines developed to treat migraines, Alzheimer's disease, multiple sclerosis, seizures, epilepsy, and other conditions.
Meridian partners with The Neurology Center, which is the premier provider of neurological services in the Washington DC metro area. The Neurology Center provides convenient, state of the art services to patients, referring physicians and the community.
This single specialty practice was started by Marvin Korengold, MD and Howard Silby, MD in 1969 in downtown Washington, DC. Additional offices were established in suburban Maryland and elsewhere in the District as the practice grew and added physicians. The group has long maintained a reputation for excellence. Its physicians are well represented in the listing of Top Doctors in "Washingtonian Magazine" and are recognized as well by their inclusion in other local and national peer-selected listings of excellent doctors.
To learn more about The Neurology Center, visit www.neurologycenter.com.
Meet the Physicians
Stephanie Chen Block, MD
- Board Certified in neurology and clinical neurophysiology.
- A member of the American Academy of Neurology, the American Medical Association, and the Montgomery County Medical Society.
- Received her MD degree from University of Virginia School of Medicine in Charlottesville, VA in 2010.
- Completed an internship in internal medicine at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee in 2011 and completed her residency in Neurology at Vanderbilt University in 2014.
- In 2015, she completed a fellowship in neurophysiology at Vanderbilt University.
David Taragin, MD
- Recognized as one of the region's top neurologists by Washingtonian Magazine.
- Board certified in neurology and clinical neurophysiology.
- Member of the American Academy of Neurology, American Medical Association, and Montgomery County Medical Society.
- Received his MD degree from the University of Maryland School of Medicine.
- Completed a residency in neurology at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine and fellowship in Neuromuscular disease at the same institution.
- Completed a fellowship in Neuro-Oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.