Meridian's Savannah, GA plastic surgery location performs clinical studies for reconstructive surgery, cosmetic enhancements, and other purposes. Typical studies at this site explore medicines and medical devices.
Savannah Plastic Surgery is certified by the American Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Plastic Surgery Facilities, Inc. (AAAASF) and is licensed by the state of Georgia as an Ambulatory Surgical Facility. The practice is the region's leading choice for cosmetic surgery, skin care, and life-enhancing services.
Using a delicate balance of science and art, the physicians at Savannah Plastic Surgery customize every surgery to meet personal needs.
Meet the Physicians
Luke J. Curtsinger III, MD
Dr. Luke J. Curtsinger III is a highly-experienced surgeon and has performed more than 20,000 operations on children and adults. He is board certified in plastic surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He is an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
- Attended the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana as a National Merit Scholar and a Notre Dame Scholar
- Completed undergraduate education at Murray State University in Murray, Kentucky with a BA in Biology. Graduated magna cum laude as a National Merit Student and an Alumni Scholar.
- Earned his MD at the University of Louisville School of Medicine in Louisville, Kentucky. Won several awards, including the Ciba-Geigy Award for Community Service, the Tim Lee Carter Leadership Award, and the Alpha Omega Alpha Outstanding Senior Student Award.
- Completed General Surgery Residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, Texas, earning several honors including induction into the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, the Outstanding House Officer Award and the J.B. Aust Surgical Society Research Award for three years (1988, 1990, 1991).
- Completed Fellowships in Wound Healing at the University of Louisville and in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
- After post-doctoral training, Dr. Curtsinger was an Assistant Professor of Surgery in the Division of Plastic Surgery at East Carolina University and won awards for teaching medical students.
- Has given more than 100 presentations for local, regional, and national audiences, earned numerous grants to study the growth of skin and wound healing, and authored over a dozen scientific papers focused mainly on the healing of skin as well as breast, chest, and abdominal wall reconstruction.
- Helped co-found the University Hospital Skin Bank in Louisville, Kentucky.
- Served as Chief of Plastic Surgery at Memorial Health University Medical Center and Director of Plastic Surgery Education.
- Is President-Elect of the Georgia Medical Society.
Matthew D. McLeod, MD
Dr. Matthew McLeod's extensive training includes an emphasis on facial aesthetics, breast surgery, and surgery for chronic headaches (migraine surgery).
- Graduated from Emory University and worked as a pediatric cardiac intensive care nurse before transitioning to Mercer University School of Medicine to pursue a Doctorate in Medicine. Graduated with honors and was elected to the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society.
- Trained in General Surgery at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA (UVA). During his time at UVA he pursued research in melanoma, surgical nutrition, and health disparities in developing countries. Received a Masters in Public Health (MPH) from the University of Virginia School of Medicine.
- Was accepted into a combined training program in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at the University of Virginia Department of Plastic and Maxillofacial surgery where he served as Chief Resident in Plastic Surgery. Received several awards including: Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism and Excellence in Teaching, Mulholland Society Resident Teaching Award, Trauma Chief of the Year, and the James Earnest Kindred Award.
- Pursued a fellowship in Aesthetic and Reconstructive surgery with emphasis on facial aesthetics, breast surgery, and surgery for chronic headaches (migraine surgery) at the Massachusetts General Hospital while serving as clinical faculty at Harvard Medical School.
- Established the Migraine Surgery Program at Savannah Plastic Surgery.