Plastic Surgery Clinical Research Site
Meridian's Savannah, GA plastic surgery research site partners with Savannah Plastic Surgery and performs clinical studies for reconstructive surgery, cosmetic enhancements, and other purposes. Typical studies at this site explore medicines and medical devices.
About this research site
Meridian operates five clinical research sites in Savannah across a variety of therapeutic areas. This site is partnered with Savannah Plastic Surgery to conduct clinical trials for new technologies and treatment procedures. Savannah Plastic Surgery is certified by the American Association for the Accreditation of Ambulatory Plastic Surgery Facilities, Inc. (AAAASF) and is licensed by the state of Georgia as an Ambulatory Surgical Facility. The practice is the region's leading choice for cosmetic surgery, skin care, and life-enhancing services.
Using a delicate balance of science and art, the physicians at Savannah Plastic Surgery customize every surgery to meet personal needs.
Join a plastic surgery clinical trial in Savannah
For more information about joining a plastic surgery clinical trial in Savannah, complete the form on this page. After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will call you to talk about the study. There is no obligation to join — you decide if the study is right for you.
Participating in a study is an important decision — we’re here to help you before, during, and after studies.
Phone: (912) 623-2240 (call center)
Phone: (912) 351-5050 (clinic)
Meridian Clinical Research
7208 Hodgson Memorial Drive
Savannah, GA 31406
Clinical Research Partner Website
Monday through Thursday, 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Upcoming research studies in Macon
Sign up below to speak with an enrollment specialist about available studies or follow Meridian on Facebook for study updates and more.
Meridian Clinical Research - Savannah, GA (Plastic Surgery) is located inside Savannah Plastic Surgery's main office in Savannah.
Meet Your Physicians
Every clinical trial is overseen by a Principal Investigator – a physician who is responsible for the rights, safety and welfare of the study participants. Research studies at our Savannah plastic surgery research site are conducted in partnership with the following physicians at Savannah Plastic Surgery.
Luke J. Curtsinger III, MD
Dr. Luke J. Curtsinger III is a highly-experienced surgeon and has performed more than 20,000 operations on children and adults.
- Board certified in Plastic Surgery.
- Graduated magna cum laude from Murray State University in Murray, KY with a Bachelor of Art degree.
- Graduated from the University of Louisville School of Medicine in Louisville, KY with a Doctor of Medicine degree.
- Completed a general surgery residency at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio, TX where he received the J.B. Aust Surgical Society Research Award for three years (1988, 1990, 1991).
- Completed a wound healing fellowship at the University of Louisville and a plastic and reconstructive surgery fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Served as an Assistant Professor of Surgery in the Division of Plastic Surgery at East Carolina University in Greenville, NC.
- Served as Chief of Plastic Surgery and Director of Plastic Surgery Education at Memorial Health University Medical Center in Savannah, GA.
- Co-founded the University Hospital Skin Bank in Louisville, KY.
- President-Elect of the Georgia Medical Society and an active member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.
Matthew D. McLeod, MD
Dr. Matthew McLeod's extensive training includes an emphasis on facial aesthetics, breast surgery, and surgery for chronic headaches (migraine surgery) for which he established the Migraine Surgery Program at Savannah Plastic Surgery.
- Graduated from Emory University in Atlanta, GA with a Bachelor of Science degree.
- Graduated with honors from Mercer University School of Medicine in Macon, GA with a Doctor of Medicine degree.
- Trained in general surgery at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville, VA.
- Graduated from the University of Virginia School of Medicine in Charlottesville, VA with a Masters in Public Health.
- Completed a combined training program in plastic and reconstructive surgery at the University of Virginia Department of Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery where he served as the Chief Resident in Plastic Surgery. He received the Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism and Excellence in Teaching, Mulholland Society Resident Teaching Award, Trauma Chief of the Year, and the James Earnest Kindred Award during his time there.
- Completed an aesthetic and reconstructive surgery fellowship surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, MA while serving as clinical faculty at Harvard Medical School.
Barbara Davies, MD
Dr. Davies previously served as a managing partner of Savannah Plastic Surgery and is currently the Surgicenter Director. She maintains a broad-spectrum practice but has focused on cosmetic and breast surgery in recent years.
- Board certified in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Graduated from Pennsylvania State University in State College, PA with a Bachelor of Art degree.
- Graduated from Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, PA with a Doctor of Medicine degree.
- Completed five years of general surgery training at Thomas Jefferson University Hospitals in Philadelphia, PA.
- Completed a residency in plastic surgery at Ohio State University Hospitals in Columbus, OH.
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons and member of the American Society of Plastic Surgery and The American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.