Washington, DC (Pediatrics)
Spring Valley Pediatrics provides personalized care for infants, children, adolescent children, and young adults. Founded in 1930, the practice was one of the first medical offices focused on the care of infants and children in the Washington area.
Spring Valley Pediatrics partners with Meridian Clinical Research to conduct clinical trials to help develop better treatments for local patients, and for people worldwide. This location performs clinical studies related to conditions that affect children and adolescents under the age of 21.
For more information about joining a study in Washington, DC, complete the form at the bottom of this page. Joining a study is an important decision — we’re here to help you and your family before, during, and after studies.
Meet Your Physicians
Joanna Sexter, MD, FAAP
- Board-certified pediatrician who has been in private practice in Washington, DC since 2000.
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics, member of the DC Osler Medical Society and Foxhall Women Physicians Association.
- Recognized as one of Washingtonian magazine’s Top Doctors in Pediatrics.
- Clinical Instructor on staff at Georgetown University Hospital; Assistant Clinical Professor of Pediatrics at the George Washington University Hospital; medical staff member at Sibley Memorial Hospital.
- Completed undergraduate studies at Tufts University where she earned a BA in Child Study.
- Earned her medical degree from The George Washington University School of Medicine.
- Completed a pediatric residency at Georgetown University Hospital where she was recognized as Resident of the Year.
Peter Warfield, MD, MPH, FAAP
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics and a member of the Washington, D.C., Osler Medical Society.
- Cares for children of all ages with an emphasis on childhood development as well as sports medicine and adolescent medicine.
- Recognized as one of Washingtonian magazine’s Top Doctors.
- Serves as the Consulting Pediatrician for several schools in the Washington area.
- Completed undergraduate studies at the University of Richmond and earned a Masters of Public Health degree at the George Washington University.
- Graduated from University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry in Rochester, NY.
- Completed a pediatric residency at The Golisano Children’s Hospital at University of Rochester’s Strong Memorial Hospital.