Age-related macular degeneration (AMD) is a leading cause of blindness, causing two advanced forms of the condition – wet and dry. The dry form of AMD is known as geographic atrophy (GA). There is currently no medication approved to treat GA.
People ages 60 or older may be eligible to join this research study of an oral investigational medication (not an injected medication).
- Must be age 60 or older
- Must have geographic atrophy (GA) caused by AMD in at least one eye
- Must not have GA in either eye due to a cause other than AMD
- Will receive compensation for study-related time
- Do not need insurance to join this study
For more information, complete the form on this page. After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will call you to talk about the study. There is no obligation to join — you can decide if the study is right for you.
You can also talk to a Meridian enrollment specialist about this study by calling (402) 934-7563.
Submit your information
- Cincinnati: Meridian Clinical Research (Ophthalmology), 2055 Reading Rd., Suite 330, Cincinnati, OH 45202
Founded in 1999 in Omaha, NE, Meridian studies the safety and effectiveness of new medicines, devices, and treatments. Its mission is to enrich lives by providing quality, compassionate care to patients and unparalleled clinical research services. Clinical studies help scientists develop life-changing medicines, but it starts with you — participation makes it all possible. For more than 20 years, thousands of patients have trusted Meridian because of our focus on creating a positive patient experience.