Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is the leading cause of lung infection (like bronchiolitis and viral pneumonia) for infants, and can be life-threating. In the U.S., RSV is the leading cause of infant hospitalization. Pregnant women may be eligible to receive an investigational RSV vaccine through a clinical study. This vaccine is being studied to determine if it can prevent RSV illnesses in infants after they’re born by vaccinating their mothers during the pregnancy.
- Must be pregnant and aged 18 to 49
- Must be between 24 and 34 weeks of gestation when they get the study injection
- Must have a low-risk pregnancy, and be at no known increased risk for complications
- May receive compensation for time and travel
- May receive the investigational vaccine or a non-active placebo
- Do not need insurance to join this study
- Receive study-related care and exams at no cost
For more information, complete the form on this page. After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will call you to talk about the study. There is no obligation to join — you can decide if the study is right for you.
You can also talk to a Meridian enrollment specialist about this study by calling (402) 934-7563 (NE) or (912) 623-2240 (NY).
Submit your information
- Nebraska (Grand Island): Meridian Clinical Research, 2444 West Faidley Avenue, Grand Island, Nebraska 68803
- Nebraska (Hastings): Meridian Clinical Research, 2115 N. Kansas Ave., Hastings, NE 68901
- Nebraska (Norfolk): Meridian Clinical Research, 1410 N 13th St, Suite 5, Norfolk, NE 68701
- New York (Johnson City): Meridian Clinical Research, 355 Main Street, Johnson City, NY 13790
Founded in 1999 in Omaha, NE, Meridian studies the safety and effectiveness of new medicines, devices, and treatments. Its mission is to enrich lives by providing quality, compassionate care to patients and unparalleled clinical research services. Clinical studies help scientists develop life-changing medicines, but it starts with you — participation makes it all possible. For more than 20 years, thousands of patients have trusted Meridian because of our focus on creating a positive patient experience.