About This Research Study
Herpes Zoster (HZ), also known as shingles, is a disease caused by the reactivation of varicella zoster virus (VZV) — the same virus that causes chickenpox. Shingles causes a painful rash and the risk of shingles increases with age. Meridian is now seeking participants for an investigational mRNA VZV vaccine study.
- Must be age 50 to 69
- Will receive either an investigational mRNA VZV vaccine OR an approved shingles vaccine (Shingrix) at no cost
- Must NOT have a history of shingles
- Must NOT have received any varicella (VZV) or shingles (HZ) vaccine
- Must NOT have received any RNA vaccine within the last 28 days
- Must NOT have a history of heart disease (e.g., heart failure, recent coronary artery disease, cardiomyopathies, pericarditis/myocarditis)
- Will receive compensation for study-related time
- Do not need insurance to join this study
For more information, complete the form on this page. After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will call you to talk about the study. There is no obligation to participate — you can decide if the study is right for you.
You can talk to a Meridian enrollment specialist about this study by calling (712) 639-6200.
Submit your information
Meridian Clinical Research
3400 W Norfolk Avenue
Norfolk, NE 68701
Founded in 1999 in Omaha, NE, Meridian studies the safety and effectiveness of new medicines, devices, and treatments. Its mission is to enrich lives by providing quality, compassionate care to patients and unparalleled clinical research services. Clinical studies help scientists develop life-changing medicines, but it starts with you — participation makes it all possible. For more than 20 years, thousands of patients have trusted Meridian because of our focus on creating a positive patient experience.