Primary progressive multiple sclerosis (PPMS) is a form of the chronic disease multiple sclerosis (MS). Most people with MS start out with a clinical course characterized by episodes or attacks (relapses) of neurologic dysfunction, which occur over many years. This is called the relapsing-remitting phase. Unlike the relapsing-remitting MS, symptoms of PPMS get steadily worse, and remissions generally do not occur.
Limited approved MS and PPMS therapies are currently available. Meridian is conducting a Phase 3 clinical trial for an investigational medication for people with PPMS.
- Must be age 18 to 65 and have a current diagnosis of primary progressive multiple sclerosis (PPMS)
- Must have two of the following:
- Documented evidence of one or more T2-hyperintense MRI lesions characteristic of MS in one or more specific brain regions
- Documented evidence of two or more T2-hyperintense MRI lesions in the spinal cord
- Documented evidence of the presence of cerebrospinal fluid-specific oligoclonal bands (established by a historical lumbar puncture)
- Will receive compensation for study-related time
- Do not need insurance to join this study
For more information, complete the form on this page. After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will call you to talk about the study. There is no obligation to join — you can decide if the study is right for you.
You can also talk to a Meridian enrollment specialist about this study by calling (912) 623-2240.
Submit your information
Meridian Clinical Research
1520 Sunday Drive, Suite 301
Raleigh, NC 27607
Founded in 1999 in Omaha, NE, Meridian studies the safety and effectiveness of new medicines, devices, and treatments. Its mission is to enrich lives by providing quality, compassionate care to patients and unparalleled clinical research services. Clinical studies help scientists develop life-changing medicines, but it starts with you — participation makes it all possible. For more than 20 years, thousands of patients have trusted Meridian because of our focus on creating a positive patient experience.