Diet and exercise are often recommended as the first line of treatment for obesity. However, lifestyle interventions are often not sustainable. Researchers are now studying an investigational oral medication intended to help decrease appetite and food intake.
- Must be age 18 to 75
- Must have a body mass index (BMI) of ≥30 kg/m2
- Can NOT have a known intolerance or hypersensitivity to GLP-1 R agonists
- Can NOT have any condition possibly affecting drug absorption (e.g., bariatric surgery, gastrectomy, or any area of intestinal resection, active inflammatory bowel disease or pancreatic insufficiency)
- Can NOT have been diagnosed with T1DM, T2DM, or secondary forms of diabetes
- May receive the investigational medication or placebo at no cost
- May receive compensation for study-related time and travel
- Do not need insurance to join this study
For more information, complete the form on this page. After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will call you to talk about the study. There is no obligation to join — you can decide if the study is right for you.
You can also talk to a Meridian enrollment specialist about this study by calling (402) 934-7563.
Submit your information
Founded in 1999 in Omaha, NE, Meridian studies the safety and effectiveness of new medicines, devices, and treatments. Its mission is to enrich lives by providing quality, compassionate care to patients and unparalleled clinical research services. Clinical studies help scientists develop life-changing medicines, but it starts with you — participation makes it all possible. For more than 20 years, thousands of patients have trusted Meridian because of our focus on creating a positive patient experience.