The Need for Infant Formula Research
Human milk oligosaccharides (HMO) are a group of bioactive carbohydrates found in human breast milk. Emerging research suggests that HMOs could benefit immune functions, gut health, and cognition. HMO consumption has also been associated with fewer respiratory and gastrointestinal illnesses in breastfed infants.
How to Participate in an Infant Formula Research Trial
Meridian has research sites nationwide that are conducting research studies in a wide range of therapeutic areas. New studies are added every week. You can help by joining a study at Meridian.
Beyond helping advance medicine, you may also:
- Get care from a local doctor and free infant formula at no cost
- Receive study-related medical exams at no cost
- Get paid for participating (amounts differ for each study)
The best way to find out which infant formula research studies are currently enrolling patients in your community and determine your child's eligibility is to complete the form on this page or call Meridian to speak with an enrollment specialist.
After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will contact you. Together, we'll review studies that might be right for you or your child and answer your questions.
Health insurance is NOT required to join. There is never an obligation to participate — we're here to help you make the best decision.
For more information about currently enrolling infant formula studies, you can talk to a Meridian enrollment specialist by calling one of our call centers.
See if you're eligible for a study
Learn More About Participating in a Clinical Trial
Without clinical trials, it would be impossible to develop new medicines, cures, vaccines, and other medical products. These research studies test investigational products with human participants to ensure products are … Read more
Infant Formula Research Study Locations
Select the city nearest to you to submit your information and receive a call from a Meridian enrollment specialist. Together, we'll review studies that might be right for you and answer any questions you may have.
- Macon: Meridian Clinical Research (Pediatrics), 5300 Bowman Rd., Macon, GA 31210
- Sioux City: Meridian Clinical Research, 4802 Sunnybrook Dr., Sioux City, IA 51106
- Baton Rouge: Meridian Clinical Research (Pediatrics), 8040 Goodwood Blvd., Baton Rouge, LA 70806
- Grand Island: Meridian Clinical Research, 3537 West 13th St., Ste. 100, Grand Island, NE 68803
- Hastings: Meridian Clinical Research (Pediatrics), 2115 N. Kansas Ave., Suite 102, Hastings, NE 68901
- Norfolk: Meridian Clinical Research, 1410 N 13th St, Suite 5, Norfolk, NE 68701
- Lincoln: Meridian Clinical Research, 4600 Valley Rd., Lincoln, NE 68510
- Binghamton: Meridian Clinical Research, 1290 Upper Front Street, Binghamton, NY 13901
- Endwell: Meridian Clinical Research, 415 Hooper Road, Endwell, NY 13760
- Johnson City: Meridian Clinical Research, 355 Main Street, Johnson City, NY 13790
- Charleston: Meridian Clinical Research (Pediatrics), 1871 Savage Road, Charleston, SC 29407
- Portsmouth: Meridian Clinical Research, 3235 Academy Ave., Suite 101, Portsmouth, VA 23703
- Washington, DC: Meridian Clinical Research (Pediatrics), 4850 Massachusetts Ave NW, 2nd Floor, Washington, DC 20016