The Need for Migraine Research
Migraines are a common and debilitating neurological disorder that affects approximately 15% of adults and an estimated 7.7% of children and teens (younger than 20). About one-third of these people have 3 or more migraine headaches per month, and over half report severe impairment or the need for bed rest.
A migraine is characterized by moderate-to-severe episodic unilateral pulsating headaches that last for 4 to 72 hours. Typical characteristics of the headache are unilateral location, pulsating quality, moderate or severe intensity, aggravation by routine physical activity, and association with nausea and/or sensitivity to light (photophobia) and sound (phonophobia).
How to Participate in a Migraine Research Trial
Meridian has research sites nationwide that are conducting research studies in a wide range of therapeutic areas. New studies are added every week. You can help fight migraines by joining a study at Meridian.
Beyond helping advance medicine, you may also:
- Get care from a local doctor at no cost
- Receive study-related medical exams at no cost
- Get paid for participating (amounts differ for each study)
The best way to find out which migraine research studies are currently enrolling patients in your community and determine your eligibility is to complete the form on this page or call Meridian to speak with an enrollment specialist.
After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will contact you. Together, we'll review studies that might be right for you and answer your questions.
Health insurance is NOT required to join. There is never an obligation to participate — we're here to help you make the best decision.
For more information about currently enrolling migraine studies, you can talk to a Meridian enrollment specialist by calling one of our call centers.
See if you're eligible for a study
Learn More About Participating in a Clinical Trial
Without clinical trials, it would be impossible to develop new medicines, cures, vaccines, and other medical products. These research studies test investigational products with human participants to ensure products are … Read more
Migraine Research Study Locations
Select the city nearest to you to submit your information and receive a call from a Meridian enrollment specialist. Together, we'll review studies that might be right for you and answer any questions you may have.
- Savannah: Meridian Clinical Research (Neurology), 6602 Waters Avenue, Building C, Savannah, GA 31406
- Sioux City: Meridian Clinical Research, 4802 Sunnybrook Dr., Sioux City, IA 51106
- Lincoln: Meridian Clinical Research, 4600 Valley Rd., Lincoln, NE 68510
- Omaha: Meridian Clinical Research, 3319 N 107th St, Omaha, NE 68134
- Norfolk: Meridian Clinical Research (Neurology), 6161 Kempsville Circle, Suite 315, Norfolk, VA 23502