The Need for Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) Vaccine Research
Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) can cause infections of the lungs and respiratory tract. Symptoms can be similar to a cold, and may include runny nose, sore throat, cough, and headache. RSV can lead to serious conditions like pneumonia, especially for children and seniors. In fact, RSV is the leading cause of pneumonia and bronchiolitis in infants in the United States.
There are currently no approved vaccines for RSV. However, many promising RSV vaccine candidates are in clinical trials. A safe and effective vaccine could save many lives and prevent a significant number of hospitalizations.
Meridian has supported RSV vaccine studies for more than a decade, and frequently conducts RSV vaccine studies for children, seniors, and even pregnant women.
How to Participate in an RSV Vaccine Trial
Meridian has research sites nationwide that are conducting research studies in a wide range of therapeutic areas. New studies are added every week. You can help fight RSV by joining a study at Meridian.
Beyond helping advance medicine, you may also:
- Get care from a local doctor at no cost
- Receive study-related medical exams at no cost
- Get paid for participating (amounts differ for each study)
The best way to find out which RSV studies are currently enrolling patients in your community and determine your eligibility is to complete the form on this page or call Meridian to speak with an enrollment specialist.
After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will contact you. Together, we'll review studies that might be right for you and answer your questions.
Health insurance is NOT required to join. There is never an obligation to participate — we're here to help you make the best decision.
For more information about currently enrolling RSV vaccine studies, you can talk to a Meridian enrollment specialist by calling one of our call centers.
See if you're eligible for a study
Learn More About Participating in a Clinical Trial
Without clinical trials, it would be impossible to develop new medicines, cures, vaccines, and other medical products. These research studies test investigational products with human participants to ensure products are … Read more
RSV Research Study Locations
Select the city nearest to you to submit your information and receive a call from a Meridian enrollment specialist. Together, we'll review studies that might be right for you and answer any questions you may have.
- Savannah: Meridian Clinical Research, 340 Eisenhower Dr #1200, Savannah, GA 31406
- Sioux City: Meridian Clinical Research, 4802 Sunnybrook Dr., Sioux City, IA 51106
- Baton Rouge: Meridian Clinical Research, 7912 Summa Ave., Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- Rockville: Meridian Clinical Research, 1201 Seven Locks Rd. Ste 101, Rockville, MD 20854
- Grand Island: Meridian Clinical Research, 3537 West 13th St., Ste. 100, Grand Island, NE 68803
- Norfolk: Meridian Clinical Research, 1410 N 13th St, Suite 5, Norfolk, NE 68701
- Lincoln: Meridian Clinical Research, 4600 Valley Rd., Lincoln, NE 68510
- Omaha: Meridian Clinical Research, 3319 N 107th St, Omaha, NE 68134
- Binghamton: Meridian Clinical Research, 1290 Upper Front Street, Binghamton, NY 13901
- Endwell: Meridian Clinical Research, 415 Hooper Road, Endwell, NY 13760
- Cincinnati (Mt. Auburn): Meridian Clinical Research, 2230 Auburn Avenue, Level B, Cincinnati, OH 45219
- Cincinnati (Springdale): Meridian Clinical Research, 375 Glensprings Drive, 2nd Floor, Cincinnati, OH 45246
- Charleston: Meridian Clinical Research, 1871 Savage Road, Charleston, SC 29407
- Portsmouth: Meridian Clinical Research, 3235 Academy Ave., Suite 101, Portsmouth, VA 23703
- Washington, DC: Meridian Clinical Research, 4850 Massachusetts Ave NW, 2nd Floor, Washington, DC 20016