Meridian is conducting a research study for a smartphone application intended to improve gait, speech and dexterity in individuals with Parkinson’s disease. In this study, researchers are evaluating if use of the app’s home exercise program affects Parkinson’s disease symptoms and outcomes as compared to individuals using a placebo app and their normal standard of care.
- Must be age 30 or older
- Must be diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease (individuals in Hoehn and Yahr stage of II-IV)
- Must have Parkinson’s gait, normal joint ranges of motion in both legs, and be able to walk independently for 10 feet with or without an assistive device
- Must have access to an iPhone 7 or higher to use the application
- Must have mild to moderate speech impairment
- Must NOT have history of vestibular disease nor evidence of dementia
- Will be compensated for study-related time
- Do not need insurance to join this study
For more information, complete the form on this page. After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will call you to talk about the study. There is no obligation to join — you can decide if the study is right for you.
You can also talk to a Meridian enrollment specialist about this study by calling (912) 623-2240.
Submit your information
Meridian Clinical Research
6161 Kempsville Circle, Suite 315
Norfolk, VA 23502
Founded in 1999 in Omaha, NE, Meridian studies the safety and effectiveness of new medicines, devices, and treatments. Its mission is to enrich lives by providing quality, compassionate care to patients and unparalleled clinical research services. Clinical studies help scientists develop life-changing medicines, but it starts with you — participation makes it all possible. For more than 20 years, thousands of patients have trusted Meridian because of our focus on creating a positive patient experience.