While there is currently no approved vaccination to prevent respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) illnesses, scientists are researching an investigational mRNA vaccine in this study.
RSV can cause infections of the lungs and respiratory tract, and can lead to serious conditions such as pneumonia and bronchiolitis, especially for seniors and immunocompromised people. RSV hospitalizes an estimated 177,000 seniors (age >65) in the U.S. each year.
- Must be age 50 or older
- Will receive an investigational mRNA RSV vaccine or placebo at no cost
- Will also receive an investigational mRNA COVID-19 booster vaccine at no cost
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, with the last shot in the primary series having been administered at least 150 days ago, or more than 120 days ago if it was a booster
- Could receive up to $900 compensation for study-related time
- Do not need insurance to join this study
For more information, complete the form on this page. After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will call you to talk about the study. There is no obligation to join — you can decide if the study is right for you.
You can talk to a Meridian enrollment specialist about this study by calling (712) 639-6200 (Sioux City, Lincoln, Portsmouth, Norfolk & Grand Island), (402) 934-7563 (Baton Rouge, Cincinnati, Omaha & Kansas City) or (912) 623-2240 (Endwell, Rockville & Savanah).
Submit your information
- Savannah: Meridian Clinical Research, 340 Eisenhower Dr #1500, Savannah, GA 31406
- Sioux City: Meridian Clinical Research, 4802 Sunnybrook Dr., Sioux City, IA 51106
- Kansas City (Overland Park): Meridian Clinical Research, 8675 College Blvd, Suite 200, Overland Park, KS 66210
- Baton Rouge: Meridian Clinical Research, 7912 Summa Ave., Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- Rockville: Meridian Clinical Research, 1201 Seven Locks Rd. Ste 101, Rockville, MD 20854
- Grand Island: Meridian Clinical Research, 3537 West 13th St., Ste. 100, Grand Island, NE 68803
- Lincoln: Meridian Clinical Research, 4600 Valley Rd., Lincoln, NE 68510
- Norfolk: Meridian Clinical Research, 3400 W Norfolk Avenue, Norfolk, NE 68701
- Omaha: Meridian Clinical Research, 3319 N 107th St, Omaha, NE 68134
- Endwell: Meridian Clinical Research, 415 Hooper Road, Endwell, NY 13760
- Cincinnati (Springdale): Meridian Clinical Research, 375 Glensprings Drive, 2nd Floor, Cincinnati, OH 45246
- Portsmouth: Meridian Clinical Research, 3235 Academy Ave., Suite 300, Portsmouth, VA 23703
Founded in 1999 in Omaha, NE, Meridian studies the safety and effectiveness of new medicines, devices, and treatments. Its mission is to enrich lives by providing quality, compassionate care to patients and unparalleled clinical research services. Clinical studies help scientists develop life-changing medicines, but it starts with you — participation makes it all possible. For more than 20 years, thousands of patients have trusted Meridian because of our focus on creating a positive patient experience.