Pneumococcal disease, caused by a type of bacterium called Streptococcus pneumoniae, is one of the largest vaccine-preventable causes of death in children and older adults worldwide. While pneumococcal vaccines are given to children regularly, adults — particularly seniors — are still at risk of serious illness from the disease due to low rates of vaccination.
Meridian is now enrolling adults for a study of an investigational vaccine that may provide protection against pneumococcal disease.
- Must be age 18 or older
- Must either NOT be vaccinated against pneumococcal disease, or have been vaccinated prior to age 5
- Must NOT have had pneumococcal disease within the past 3 years
- Must NOT have received any nonlive vaccine within the past 14 days, or any live virus vaccine within the last 30 days
- Will receive compensation for study-related time
- Do not need insurance to join this study
For more information, complete the form on this page. After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will call you to talk about the study. There is no obligation to join — you can decide if the study is right for you.
You can also talk to a Meridian enrollment specialist about this study by calling (712) 639-6200.
Submit your information
Meridian Clinical Research
3400 W Norfolk Avenue
Norfolk, NE 68701
Founded in 1999 in Omaha, NE, Meridian studies the safety and effectiveness of new medicines, devices, and treatments. Its mission is to enrich lives by providing quality, compassionate care to patients and unparalleled clinical research services. Clinical studies help scientists develop life-changing medicines, but it starts with you — participation makes it all possible. For more than 20 years, thousands of patients have trusted Meridian because of our focus on creating a positive patient experience.