Pneumococcal disease is caused by a type of bacterium called Streptococcus pneumoniae. Researchers are studying an investigational vaccine that may provide protection against pneumococcal disease in healthy adults age 50 and older. Pneumococcal disease is caused by a type of bacterium that is a major cause of infections that may be in the ears, sinuses, blood, lungs, or brain. This study will test the effectiveness and safety of three different lots of an investigational vaccination compared to a vaccine already approved for use.
- Must be age 65 or older
- Must be in good health
- Must have no history of severe adverse reaction associated with a vaccine
- Must NOT have received this season's flu vaccine yet
- Must not have an allergy to egg proteins or chicken proteins
- Must not have a serious chronic disorder
- May receive compensation for time and travel
- Do not need insurance to join this study
For more information, complete the form on this page. After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will call you to talk about the study. There is no obligation to join — you can decide if the study is right for you.
You can also talk to a Meridian enrollment specialist about this study by calling (402) 934-7563 (NE) or (912) 623-2240 (GA, MD, NY).
Submit your information
- Georgia (Savannah): Meridian Clinical Research, 340 Eisenhower Dr #1200, Savannah, GA 31406
- Maryland (Rockville): Meridian Clinical Research, 1201 Seven Locks Road, Suite 111, Rockville, MD 20854
- Nebraska (Norfolk): Meridian Clinical Research, 1410 N 13th St, Suite 5, Norfolk, NE 68701
- Nebraska (Omaha): Meridian Clinical Research, 3319 N 107th St, Omaha, NE 68134
- New York (Binghamton): Meridian Clinical Research, 1290 Upper Front Street, Binghamton, NY 13901
- New York (Endwell): Meridian Clinical Research, 415 Hooper Road, Endwell, NY 13760
Founded in 1999 in Omaha, NE, Meridian studies the safety and effectiveness of new medicines, devices, and treatments. Its mission is to enrich lives by providing quality, compassionate care to patients and unparalleled clinical research services. Clinical studies help scientists develop life-changing medicines, but it starts with you — participation makes it all possible. For more than 20 years, thousands of patients have trusted Meridian because of our focus on creating a positive patient experience.