The symptoms of SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes COVID-19 infection) and influenza are very similar — both can cause shortness of breath, headache, congestion or runny nose, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, and muscle pain. If you or your child are experiencing potential COVID-19 or flu symptoms, you may qualify for a study of an investigational respiratory test system.
- May be any age and gender
- Must have experienced an elevated temperature and onset of AT LEAST ONE of the following symptoms within the last 24 hours:
- Cough; sore throat; congestion or runny nose; shortness of breath; muscle pain; headache; or new loss of taste or smell
- Will receive compensation for study-related time
- Do not need insurance to join this study
For more information, complete the form on this page. After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will call you to talk about the study. There is no obligation to participate — you can decide if the study is right for you.
You can talk to a Meridian enrollment specialist about this study by calling (912) 623-2240.
Submit your information
- Macon: Meridian Clinical Research, 5300 Bowman Rd., Macon, GA 31210
- Lincoln: Meridian Clinical Research, 4600 Valley Rd., Lincoln, NE 68510
- Charleston: Meridian Clinical Research, 3030 Ashley Town Center, Suite A102, Charleston, SC 29414
- Washington, DC: Meridian Clinical Research, 4850 Massachusetts Ave NW, 2nd Floor, Washington, DC 20016
Founded in 1999 in Omaha, NE, Meridian studies the safety and effectiveness of new medicines, devices, and treatments. Its mission is to enrich lives by providing quality, compassionate care to patients and unparalleled clinical research services. Clinical studies help scientists develop life-changing medicines, but it starts with you — participation makes it all possible. For more than 20 years, thousands of patients have trusted Meridian because of our focus on creating a positive patient experience.