About This Research Study
Streptococcal pharyngitis (strep throat) is one of the most common illnesses in children, characterized by the abrupt onset of sore throat, painful swallowing, general weakness, discomfort, and fever. Current testing for strep usually entails both a rapid antigen test, and/or a throat culture, which can take 24-48 to return results.
Meridian is now seeking participants ages 2 and older with strep throat symptoms for a self-collected strep swab test. Parent/legal guardian will need to accompany children ages 2-17 years.
- Must be age 2 or older
- Must have either a positive rapid test for strep throat within the past 24 hours, and one or more of the following symptoms: exudate or swelling on the tonsils, tender/swollen anterior cervical lymph nodes, temperature >38°C, and absence of cough
- Must NOT currently be on an antibiotics
- Must NOT be receiving or receive within the past thirty (30) days of the study visit an experimental biologic drug, including either treatment or therapy.
- Will receive compensation for study-related time
- Do not need insurance to join this study
For more information, complete the form on this page. After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will call you to talk about the study. There is no obligation to participate — you can decide if the study is right for you or your child.
You can talk to a Meridian enrollment specialist about this study by calling (912) 623-2240.
Submit your information
Founded in 1999 in Omaha, NE, Meridian studies the safety and effectiveness of new medicines, devices, and treatments. Its mission is to enrich lives by providing quality, compassionate care to patients and unparalleled clinical research services. Clinical studies help scientists develop life-changing medicines, but it starts with you — participation makes it all possible. For more than 20 years, thousands of patients have trusted Meridian because of our focus on creating a positive patient experience.