It can be difficult to tell if you have a urinary tract infection (UTI), also known as acute cystitis. If you’ve recently started experiencing abdominal pain or discomfort, particularly when urinating, you may be eligible for a study at Meridian. Women with a UTI could receive study-related exams and care at no costs, along with an investigational medication or approved medication intended to treat UTI. Eligible participants will also receive compensation for study-related time and travel.
- Must be a female age 12 or older
- Must have experienced 2 or more of the following clinical signs and symptoms of acute cystitis within 72 hours prior to study entry:
- Pain or discomfort when urinating
- Frequent trips to the bathroom
- Urgent trips to the bathroom
- Lower abdominal pain
- Will receive compensation for study-related time and travel
- Do not need insurance to join this study
For more information, complete the form on this page. After you submit your information, a Meridian enrollment specialist will call you to talk about the study. There is no obligation to join — you can decide if the study is right for you.
You can also talk to a Meridian enrollment specialist about this study by calling (912) 623-2240 (Endwell), (402) 934-7563 (Lincoln) or (712) 639-6200 (Hastings).
Submit your information
Founded in 1999 in Omaha, NE, Meridian studies the safety and effectiveness of new medicines, devices, and treatments. Its mission is to enrich lives by providing quality, compassionate care to patients and unparalleled clinical research services. Clinical studies help scientists develop life-changing medicines, but it starts with you — participation makes it all possible. For more than 20 years, thousands of patients have trusted Meridian because of our focus on creating a positive patient experience.